Thursday, October 2, 2014

Back to Ohio: Greenlee Gazette on Vacation

Sadly, I will not be having this sort of vacation.
Greenlee Gazette is going on hiatus until the middle of October. Vacation does not officially start for another day, but there is too much to do, and too much going on to contribute more tonight. This will be the longest break I've taken in the seven-plus years history of the blog. The reason for this is simple: this is a hobbyist blog, and it's a lot of work for no pay. Though I still enjoy doing it, and plan to keep going with it, I no longer feel the obligation to post multiple posts every day. I've already dialed back my weekends--as most other blogs do--and now have decided that this vacation is a vacation.

That doesn't mean that I won't pop something up if I have the time and interest, or if some huge event happens. But most likely, you're going to see a static page here over the next two weeks. Don't get any ideas if you're an internet-savvy thief: we have a house sitter! But I'm going to let him watch the house (and the cat), and I'm going to let the blog go mostly idle for the duration. I will alert my good friend Reverend Stu', and see if he's so inclined to contribute while I'm away. If he is, you're in for a treat. But if he doesn't, just tune in on the back half of October. I'll be back!

In the mean time, I will be visiting family, driving across at least three states while the leaves change, and maybe even scouting for a new home base, for an eventual change of venue.

Thanks folks. See you when frost is on the pumpkin.

1 comment:

  1. Have a nice vacation...but your new background sucks.
    Dan
    U.W. Badger graduate

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...